In the delivery of the National Curriculum for Mathematics at Key Stage 3, the GCSE and GCE syllabi at Key Stages 4 and 5, the department aims to develop in our pupils:
- A positive attitude towards mathematics and an awareness of its fascination.
- An understanding of mathematics through a process of enquiry and experiment.
- Competence and confidence in mathematical knowledge, concepts and skills.
- An ability to solve problems, to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and logically.
- Initiative and an ability to work both independently and in co-operation with others.
- An ability to communicate through mathematics.
- An ability to use and apply mathematics across the curriculum and in real life.
Interested in studying
Maths at A-Level?
A-Level Exam Specification