Aims and Objectives
Every student is entitled to high quality career education and guidance as part of their overall education.
The Careers Leader along with the Enterprise Advisor network, Independent Careers Advisor, Curriculum Leaders External Providers, Sefton Elevate, Link Governor and employers strive for continuous improvement and build on each benchmark further. The school is also a key member of the Liverpool City Region Careers Hub and Archdiocese Careers Leader link team.
The school is committed to all 8 Benchmarks
- A stable Careers programme
- Learning from Career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experience of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal Guidance
- To develop links between subject learning and careers
- To develop employability and enterprise skills, such as teamwork, problem solving, initiative and communication.
- To help students to plan and take control of their future making informed choices at key points in their education.
- To provide students with the relevant careers inspiration and guidance that is suitable to their personal needs including age, ability, attitudes and aptitudes.
- To provide students with a comprehensive understanding of opportunities post 16 and post 18 including traineeships, apprenticeships, school leaver programmes, HE, FE, employment and training opportunities.
- To help students to reflect on themselves – their abilities, skills, aptitudes and attitudes – so that they can use this knowledge to consider their development.
- To provide students with impartial advice about options that is available to them.
- To provide equality of access to careers inspiration and guidance.